This guide provides information about getting started with Ping Identity’s PingFederate to deploy a secure Internet-identity platform, including single sign-on (SSO) based on the latest security and e-business standards.
Getting Started consists of:
- Introduction — A high-level view of federated identity, secure Web SSO, and PingFederate features.
- Installation — How to install PingFederate and run the administrative console for the first time.
- Console Navigation — A primer on using the administrative console and configuration screens.
- Supported Standards — An overview of industry standards that PingFederate supports, including the Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) and WS-Federation.
- Using the Thales nShield Connect HSM — How to install and configure PingFederate with the Thales nShield Connect Hardware Security Module as part of compliance with the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2.